Scotch® 35 Vinyl Electrical Tape: If you’re looking for a premium quality electrical tape for your next project, Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is the perfect choice. This stretchy, conformable, and highly adhesive tape is designed to resist fading, abrasion, water, solvent splashes, and chemicals, making it ideal for a wide range of applications.
In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at the specifications and details of Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape and explore its features and benefits. From its maximum operating temperature to its overall length and width, we’ll cover everything you need to know about this high-quality electrical tape.
Overview of 3M Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape
Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is a premium grade, highly flexible, and stretchy electrical tape that is designed to insulate and protect against abrasion, water, solvent splashes, and chemicals. It is made in the USA and is UL Listed, ensuring its safety and reliability.
The tape is highly conformable, making it easy to apply to virtually any shape requiring color-coded insulation. Its bright yellow color makes it easy to identify wires and cables, making it a popular choice for a wide range of applications.
Key Specifications and Details
Here are the key specifications and details of Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape:
- Brand: Scotch®
- Factory ISO Certification: No ISO Certification information available
- Maximum Operating Temperature (Celsius): 105 ℃
- Maximum Operating Temperature (Fahrenheit): 220 ℉
- Overall Length (Imperial): 66 ft
- Overall Length (Metric): 20.117 m
- Overall Width (Imperial): 0.75 in
- Overall Width (Metric): 1.905 cm
- Product Color: Yellow
- Material: Vinyl plastic
- Thickness: 7 mil
- Flame Retardant: Yes
- Weather Resistant: Yes
Benefits and Features
Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape offers a wide range of benefits and features, including:
1. Stretchiness and Conformability
The tape is highly flexible, stretchy, and conformable, making it easy to apply to wires and cables of different shapes and sizes. It conforms easily to irregular surfaces and can be wrapped around corners and edges with ease.
2. Abrasion and Weather Resistance
Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is highly resistant to abrasion and weather, making it ideal for use in harsh environments. It resists fading and can withstand exposure to sunlight, heat, and cold.
3. UL Listing
The tape is UL Listed, ensuring that it meets safety and reliability standards for use in electrical applications. It is tested and certified to perform as expected under a variety of conditions.
4. Color Coding
The bright yellow color of the tape makes it easy to identify wires and cables, which is essential in electrical applications. It can be used to mark different circuits, phases, and systems, making it a popular choice in commercial and industrial settings.
5. Flame Retardancy
Flame retardancy is an important feature of the Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape. This means that the tape is designed to resist catching fire and will not spread flames easily. In the event of a fire, the tape will help to slow the spread of the flames, providing valuable time for individuals to evacuate the area safely. This feature is particularly important when the tape is used in electrical applications, where the risk of fire is heightened due to the presence of electrical currents. With the Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape, you can rest assured that your electrical installations are protected against the risk of fire.
The Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is highly versatile and can be used for a variety of different applications. Its flexibility and conformability mean that it can be used to insulate and protect a wide range of electrical components, including wires, terminals, and connectors. In addition, its abrasion and weather-resistant properties make it ideal for use in harsh environments, both indoors and outdoors. Whether you are working on a commercial or residential project, the Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is a reliable and versatile choice.
Made in the USA – 3M Scotch® 35 Vinyl Electrical Tape
Another advantage of the Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is that it is made in the USA. This ensures that the tape is of the highest quality and has been manufactured to meet rigorous standards. In addition, buying products made in the USA supports American jobs and helps to strengthen the economy. When you choose the Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape, you can feel good knowing that you are getting a top-quality product that supports American workers.
How to Use Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape
Using Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is very easy. Here are the steps you can follow to use the tape:
Step 1: Make sure the surface where the tape is being applied is clean and dry. Remove any dust, dirt or grease from the surface.
Step 2: Cut a piece of tape from the roll, leaving some extra length for wrapping and overlapping.
Step 3: Wrap the tape around the object or wire to be insulated, starting from one end and overlapping the tape by at least half its width.
Step 4: Use your fingers or a plastic squeegee to press the tape down firmly and remove any air bubbles.
Step 5: Repeat the wrapping process with additional layers of tape until the desired thickness is achieved.
Step 6: Cut off the excess tape with a pair of scissors.
Step 7: Use a heat gun or a hair dryer to apply heat to the wrapped object or wire. This will activate the adhesive and help it to bond more strongly.
Applications of 3M of Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape
The Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is a popular choice for a wide range of applications. Its bright yellow color makes it ideal for color-coding electrical wiring and components, making it easy to identify different circuits and connections. It can be used for insulating and protecting electrical components in a variety of settings, including commercial and residential installations, automotive repairs, and marine applications. Its weather-resistant properties also make it ideal for use in outdoor settings, where it can provide long-lasting protection against the elements.
Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape is widely used in the electrical industry for a variety of applications, such as:
- Insulating electrical wires and connections
- Bundling and securing wires and cables
- Marking and color-coding wires and cables
- Repairing damaged wires and cables
- Providing a protective covering for high-voltage cables
Advantages of Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape
Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape offers many advantages over other types of electrical tape. Some of the key benefits include:
- Superior adhesion and conformability, which allows the tape to stick to irregular surfaces and conform to complex shapes
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, weather, moisture, and solvents
- High dielectric strength and insulation properties, which make it an ideal choice for electrical applications
- UL Listed for safety and reliability
- Flame retardant, which reduces the risk of fire
- Made in the USA, ensuring quality and consistency
Comparison to Other Electrical Tapes
Compared to other types of electrical tape, Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape offers superior performance and reliability. Here are some key differences between Scotch® 35 Yellow Vinyl Electrical Tape and other types of electrical tape:
- PVC Electrical Tape: PVC electrical tape is often used as a low-cost alternative to vinyl electrical tape. However, PVC tape has a lower dielectric strength and is not as resistant to abrasion, weather, and chemicals as vinyl tape.
- Rubber Electrical Tape: Rubber electrical tape is a good choice for high-voltage applications, but it is not as flexible or conformable as vinyl tape. Rubber tape is also more expensive and less widely available than vinyl tape.
- Silicone Electrical Tape: Silicone electrical tape is highly resistant to heat and UV radiation, but it is not as strong or durable as vinyl tape. Silicone tape is also more expensive and less widely available than vinyl tape.